Taco Chicken Pie Recipe
If you are anything like me, if you do not have a meal plan that has tasty recipes laid out for you, you may find yourself turning to fast food restaurants for dinner…which in my house is a big no no. However, on those days that we are looking to have a treat, we still have some easy recipes that are a departure from our usual gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan meals. We are not strict vegetarians but prefer to eat mostly vegetarian meals. We eat mostly gluten-free as our youngest son has a very high allergy to wheat. The combination of these two things can make meal planning difficult if not fully prepared.
I want to share with you a departure from our usual – a very tasty eMeals recipe that we see as a treat: Taco Chicken Pie! This recipe is so delicious and never disappoints. I also want to mention that sometimes when we make this, we’ll opt to put a pie crust on top as well, sealing it in more like a chicken pot pie. But we’ve made it both ways, with and without and either way it’s delicious!
- 1 pie crust
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2- 3 bone/skinless cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 2 oz chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup salsa, 1 Tbs melted butter, 1/4 cup sliced black olives, salsa
- Bake pie crust @ 400° for 7 minutes.
- Toss 1/2 taco seasoning with chicken & place in pie crust.
- Top with 1 cup cheese&1/2c salsa.
- Beat eggs, other 1/2 taco seasoning, butter, & cream.
- Stir in black olives & 2 oz green chilies.
- Pour evenly into pie crust.
- Bake @ 400° for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice & serve.
If you want to find some other simple family recipes head on over the Simple Family Dinner Blog Hop!