Marie’s Words is a 550 piece flash card set geared towards helping children with learning vocabulary and definitions proven to help increase SAT and GRE scores. This new approach to learning uses three different mnemonic methods: Word-in-a-Word, pictoral, and compare/contrast.
Benefits of Marie’s Words
- It can be used from ages 5 and up. This allows for usage with multiple age students at varying levels of understanding in their language skills to learn at their pace.
- The vivid and colorful hand drawn illustrations to help with word association.
- Usage of antonyms and synonyms to help with vocabulary memorization.
- The cards have a hand drawn illustration on one side and the pronunciation, definition, and a sentence on the other for maximum vocabulary comprehension.
- Storage box allows for traveling on the road easily as well as keeping the cards easily organized at home.
How We Use Marie’s Words
- Our family has incorporated these wonderful flash cards into our every day learning in the following ways:
- Playing word games with an “incentive” or prize for the winner.
- After we finish each subject throughout the day we are able to do one or two words to continually and gradually build vocabulary.
Marie’s Words is a wonderful resource that is sure to help your child(ren) get ready for success!